Package release checklist
Follow the following points when making a release.
- Make sure that the new analyses in https://www.hepforge.org/archive/rivet/contrib/ have been integrated into the release.
- Make sure that
- (Make sure that
- Make sure that the bootstrap script can be run on lxplus7 (the CC7 system compiler is no longer sufficient: set up GCC62 or later from LCG with e.g.
- Increment version number in
configure.acand make sure there is a "Release version X.Y.Z" comment at the top of the ChangeLog?.
- Tag release via
hg tag rivet-x.y.zfollowed by
hg push(check existing tags with
hg tags). If making a new "major" X.Y.0 version, you should also make a new named branch for future patch/maintenance releases to work on.
- Create tarballs with
make distand upload to
make uploadin the Rivet root dir will do this. Remove any beta/RC tarballs for this release from the downloads area.
- Update the HepForge
~/rivet/downloads/contrib/area to create a new "preX.Y.Z" directory, where X.Y.Z is the new release version number, and move all new tarball files from the
contribdir, and any in
contrib/NEWinto this new directory.
- Update the bootstrap scripts to get the latest versions of Rivet and YODA. This will at least involve making a new
X.Y.Zhg branch for the new Rivet version and updating the version numbers in it and on the GettingStarted page. I recommend updating the scripts first on the default branch, with a literal "3.0.x" version pattern given in a comment in the script, then make the new 3.x.y branch and change the comment to the specific release: there needs to be some code difference to commit the new branch.
- Update the main Rivet Web page at
~/rivet/public_html/index.html. Archive the text of the previous release in the list of "greyed out" previous releases at the bottom of the page.
- Update the online docs by
make uploadin the checkout
docdir. Make sure that you have
- Rebuild and upload the analysis diff list by running
bash diffanas > anadiffs.txtin the
docdir and copying the resulting file to the HepForge?
public_htmlarea. Check that http://rivet.hepforge.org/anadiffs shows the updates for the latest tag.
- ssh on to the HF server and make a versioned back-up copy from
~/rivet/public_html/analysesXYZ.htmlwhere XYZ is the new version, and similarly for the
- In the checkout root dir, make the Doxygen with
make dox, then copy the resulting
rivet/public_html/code/dev/on the HF server. Back up this
- Update the Docker image build files in the
docker/rivetdirectory, and its inheritors.
- (Update the arXiv manual: the tarball is made by running
make arxivtarin the checkout
- Send out the release announcement email to the rivet-announce and genser-dev lists.